Finding a mentor is very important in Life.
Mentor in todays world is same as what we called a MASTER in ancient world.
Mentor is like a propeller in a rocket, as an engine in a train. He is a person who has the capability of looking into the gifts you have with you , the capabilities you have with you and guides your capabilities in right direction. He is a person who has the capability of taking the best out of you and holding you when you fall.
Once you find a right mentor in your life nearly half of your journey on the path of your dreams is achieved.
Recognise the area where you require mentoring:
It is very important for you to first recognise the areas where you require mentoring. Probable areas could be
• Life Skills
• Setting up Business
• Skill Development
Qualities to look for in a mentor:
• He works with sincerity for the cause.
• He is passionate about what he is doing.
• He is ready to put in hard work.
• He may be meeting personal objectives but not at the cost of sacrificing you.
• He is capable of bringing the best out of you.
• He is capable of stopping you when you start wandering away from your goals and path.
• He is capable of providing mentoring in area you require i.e. he has the requisite knowledge of that field.
Finding a mentor:
Mentor can be
• Any one in your close circle (your friends, your relatives, your seniors, your acquaintances).
• Any one who is professional or who is practically working or doing really something good in the field you require mentoring in, so that he can guide you by practical experiences rather than bookish knowledge.
• Mentor can be anyone who wanted to do something great in his life in that particular field where you want mentoring and has not achieved the heights he wanted to, but has that fire inside him to produce somebody great in that field with his experiences.
Note:People who had fire inside them along with the knowledge to do something but have somehow not achieved what they wanted in that particular field ,can take you places because that fire is still alive inside them. You need to have an eagle’s eye to spot such mentors.
• You can look for mentors in the organisation you work for, in the educational institutions you study.
• For business purpose – you can enrol yourself into forums of business people. There you may find people, who have achieved in life and are now coming forward to share their knowledge and experience. It is often seen that people who have achieved in their life and have risen in their life are more than willing to share their experiences. Such people can act as best mentors.
As parents it is very important to connect our children to best people and find a mentor for them.