Responsibility towards home and parents:
It is usually seen in most of the homes that children are busy watching television or playing while parents are doing all the household work.
Parents think that the children are too small to be involved in the household work .
Children are already doing so much of work and are so much stressed and burdened by their study schedules so why burden them more???
But, the reality is that involving children in household tasks doesn’t take much of their precious time. On the other hand, they get a change from the monotonous life style and they feel more bonded and responsible towards home.
A small sample to show the Activities and Ways to teach them resposibility
- They can be made responsible for laying down table during meals and clearing the area after meals.
- They can take up the responsibility of cutting salads and veggies.
- If your child, while sitting and happily watching television, calls you to give him a glass of water or an apple, encourage him to help himself fetch the water or wash and peel the apple for himself.
- While gardening give him some responsibility such as sowing new seeds or pruning of plants etc.
- When the child comes back from school, college etc. encourage him to keep all his belongings in proper place.
- Once a week encourage him to clean his cupboards and storage areas .He should be encouraged to keep his play area, study area and room clean.
- When someone at home is unwell or is taking rest, he should be taught to show a responsible behaviour .