As more and more people are becoming tech-savvy so is the number of on-line financial transactions increasing .Financial transactions could be in the form of payment of bills through internet, doing various banking transactions online, online trading in stock markets, doing online shopping etc.
With the rapid computerization of all the departments , all the crucial data of the departments needs to be protected from any misuse.
In addition to this fact there is also destabilization of the world economy rendering many people jobless and in distress.
All the above facts are leading to increase in cyber crimes. With the increase in cyber crimes , there is an increase in demand in the number of people required for cyber security. Still there is a lot of gap in the demand and supply that needs to be filled up appropriately.
Where people can look for opportunities:
• Banking and Financial Sectors
• Government (law and order) – egovernance
• Department of Telecommunications
• Department of Electronics and Information Technology
• Ministry of Defence, Defence Research and Development Organization
• Intelligence Bureau
• National Informatics Centre
• National Technical Research Organization
• Oil and Natural Gas Sectors
• Civil Aviation Sector
• Utility sectors
• Port Management
• Railways’ passenger reservation Systems
• Checking for the vulnerability of networks
• Cyber policing
• Data security and privacy
• Intelligence and Investigation
• Cyber risks and strategic analysis
• Cyber incidence response
• Digital forensics
• Traffic scanning and mitigation
• Research and development
• Assurance and certification
Remember: A professional in cyber security can be compared to a real time detective who has sharp brain and immense problem solving ability.
You can work as
• IT security consultant or manager or administrator
• Network security systems manager or administrator
• Network security engineer
• Systems Security Executive
• Web security administrator or manager
• Ethical Hacker
• Data Security Specialist
• Chief information security officer
• Computer Forensics Investigator
• Security Certified Programmer
Some of the Institutes providing training:
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer science with specialization in information security.
• ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Morena Link Road, Gwalior, offers M.Tech. degree course in information communication technology with specialisation in information security.
• Indian Institute of Information Technology, Deoghat, Jhalwa, Allahabad, offers two-year M.Sc. course in cyber law and information security.
• Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer networks and information security.
• National Institute of Technology, Calicut, offers M.Tech. course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information security.
• Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Geeta Colony, East Delhi, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, offers M.Tech. degree course in information security.
• National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information security.
• Amrita School of Engineering, Ettimadai, Coimbatore, offers M.Tech. degree course in cyber security.
• SRM University, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, offers M.Tech. degree course in information security and computer forensics.
• Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Krishnankoil, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, M.Tech. degree course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information assurance and security.
• DOEACC Centre, NIT Campus, Calicut, offers postgraduate diploma in information security and system administration.