Who can look into taking up a career in writing ?
- If you have good writing skills
- If you can convey your thoughts with ease through writing
- If you are passionate about writing
- If you love writing then you can look into taking up a career in writing.
Who can look into taking up a career in writing ?
As more and more people are becoming tech-savvy so is the number of on-line financial transactions increasing .Financial transactions could be in the form of payment of bills through internet, doing various banking transactions online, online trading in stock markets, doing online shopping etc.
With the rapid computerization of all the departments , all the crucial data of the departments needs to be protected from any misuse.
In addition to this fact there is also destabilization of the world economy rendering many people jobless and in distress.
All the above facts are leading to increase in cyber crimes. With the increase in cyber crimes , there is an increase in demand in the number of people required for cyber security. Still there is a lot of gap in the demand and supply that needs to be filled up appropriately.
Where people can look for opportunities:
• Banking and Financial Sectors
• Government (law and order) – egovernance
• Department of Telecommunications
• Department of Electronics and Information Technology
• Ministry of Defence, Defence Research and Development Organization
• Intelligence Bureau
• National Informatics Centre
• National Technical Research Organization
• Oil and Natural Gas Sectors
• Civil Aviation Sector
• Utility sectors
• Port Management
• Railways’ passenger reservation Systems
• Checking for the vulnerability of networks
• Cyber policing
• Data security and privacy
• Intelligence and Investigation
• Cyber risks and strategic analysis
• Cyber incidence response
• Digital forensics
• Traffic scanning and mitigation
• Research and development
• Assurance and certification
Remember: A professional in cyber security can be compared to a real time detective who has sharp brain and immense problem solving ability.
You can work as
• IT security consultant or manager or administrator
• Network security systems manager or administrator
• Network security engineer
• Systems Security Executive
• Web security administrator or manager
• Ethical Hacker
• Data Security Specialist
• Chief information security officer
• Computer Forensics Investigator
• Security Certified Programmer
Some of the Institutes providing training:
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer science with specialization in information security.
• ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Morena Link Road, Gwalior, offers M.Tech. degree course in information communication technology with specialisation in information security.
• Indian Institute of Information Technology, Deoghat, Jhalwa, Allahabad, offers two-year M.Sc. course in cyber law and information security.
• Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer networks and information security.
• National Institute of Technology, Calicut, offers M.Tech. course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information security.
• Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Geeta Colony, East Delhi, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, offers M.Tech. degree course in information security.
• National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, offers M.Tech. degree course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information security.
• Amrita School of Engineering, Ettimadai, Coimbatore, offers M.Tech. degree course in cyber security.
• SRM University, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu, offers M.Tech. degree course in information security and computer forensics.
• Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Krishnankoil, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, M.Tech. degree course in computer science and engineering with specialisation in information assurance and security.
• DOEACC Centre, NIT Campus, Calicut, offers postgraduate diploma in information security and system administration.
Self defence is an area which holds great opportunities. With ever increasing rates of violence and crimes especially against women and older people and so much media focus on these crimes,this is the right time to look into an opportunity in this field. All the negative news coming in can be looked into as opportunity in disguise.
Tasks involved in self defence training may include:
•Handling of psychological part. Activities involved may include improving on self confidence, making people proactive etc.
Herein, you may have to deal with common myths and stereotypes such as women are made to think and believe that they are weak and require a male member for their security.
The outcome expected from psychological part of training is that people should be able to believe that they are capable enough to defend themselves.
• Providing physical training such as martial arts etc.
Outcome expected from this part of training is that clients become capable enough with the hard skills involved in self defence.
• Creation of hypothetical and mock drills to deal with unpleasant situations and training the clients to handle them effectively. This can be simulated on the same pattern as military and police training drills.
Outcome expected from this part of training is that clients have an hand-on experience to deal with unpleasant experiences.
• Making clients aware of preventive measures that need to be taken. This can be based on interaction and data collection from live experiences of people.
Objective to be met with this part of activity is to make clients aware that “Prevention is always better than cure.”
Where to look for opportunities:
• You can tie up with educational institutions to impart training in self defence.
• You can run your own self defence training institute.
• You can reach out to organisations such as banks, hospitals, multinationals etc, especially areas wherein women need to work at odd hours and offer to train professionals for self defence.
• You can tie up with associations in closed communities such as apartment complexes etc. wherein self defence training can be provided to all age groups . Here customised training packages can be provided for different age groups.
Who can look into taking up opportunity in this field:
• If you have entrepreneurial skills.
• If you yearn to start something of your own.
• If you can either pool trainers and showcase your management skills or are yourself trained in self defence and psychology.
Note: You are always at benefit if you are well-versed with the skills required as it cuts dependency on others for skill. Well trained martial art trainer can find a lot of new opportunities emerging for him.
• You need to have risk taking ability.
A piece of advice:
In this field you will be better off if you start on your own.
We all are a part of big social network. Events and occasions are very important part of our lives, whether we realise it or not.
Events such as birthday parties, wedding parties, anniversaries, house warming ceremonies etc.
School Day, Quiz Competitions, Inter School Competitions, Annual Day, Sports Meets, Inter College meets and fests ,Seminars etc.
Annual General meeting, Award Distribution ceremonies, Product launches, Conferences, Congresses, Exhibitions, etc.
Big Festive events, Cultural programs, Religious Events, Social gatherings etc.
Fashions shows, Film premieres etc.
Events such as Asian games, Olympics, league matches etc.
•You are a social person with a big social network and are good at public relations .You love interacting with people of all sorts and are really good at it.
Reason: In this field you will be interacting with and dealing with lot of people from different backgrounds, culturally and educationally. Social skills play a very important role as in this field you will be dealing with lot of clients.
•You are a creative person and can think out of box. You have originality in your thoughts .
Reason: In event management you are required to organise events .The more creativity you use the more chances of making the event a success.
•You are a kind of person who can work under pressure and maintain cool of mind.
Reason: In event management you have to constantly work under the pressure of deadlines and need to work up to expectations of the clients.
•You are an organised person.
Reason: In event management you will be organising big events .You will be required to organise all activities and people in a proper manner.
•You are a good manager.
Reason: The event should be properly managed.
•You are a person who has risk taking ability.
Reason: When organizing an event you should always be ready to expect the unexpected.
•Site identification and site surveying
•Budgeting and cash flow management
•First aid and crowd management
•Procuring any licences required
•Designing and planning the show
Various organisations provide diplomas and degrees in event management.
Various certified courses that can be acquired are:
Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM)
Certified Manager of Exhibits (CME)
Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM)
Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM)
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP).
Depends upon the company you join and your skill.
In this field you will always be better if you start on your own after gaining experience.
In earlier days people used to work for the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter. With the passage of time more complex things came into being and with this complexity , came more complexity into the type of work performed by people. With the advent of gadgets people were required for their designing , manufacturing and maintenance. With the increase in complexity of life situations people were required for administration and maintenance of law and order. So, now at this stage, work is not only required for basic tasks of getting food , clothing and shelter but also for more complex tasks such a designing of aircrafts etc.
Today people have a pool of careers to choose from. Choice of career is very important as it affects the whole life of an individual. So, while choosing our career two questions need to be answered:
Following points will guide you to answer these questions for yourself:
->Find out for yourself what are your likes and what are your dislikes? What are the areas that interest you?
-> What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? Remember ultimately we need to bank on our strengths and not weaknesses.
-> What is your sense of security? Are you adventurous and risk taking or you yearn for security in life? Would you like to be your own boss or would you be happy following the leader?
NOTE: Remember risk and reward are directly proportional .Greater the risk taking ability greater the rewards and vice a versa.
-> Where would you like to be in 10 years down the line?
NOTE: Take a look into the career options with objectivity and see where they will lead you? Do they provide with enough challenges and opportunities for desired growth and development in the career graph?
-> Do you have a hobby where in you would like to spend more of your energy and time and mould it into a career for yourself?
-> Would you like to work in a fast paced world or would like to do something that moves on a slow pace?
When we choose a particular career, we spend major productive chunk of our daily time in a particular type of environment and we tend to work and think in that way in our normal daily lives too. Thus, in which ever field we work it starts becoming a part of our personality. For example, if the individual is in teaching field he will start teaching and giving instructions at home also. A doctor will behave in a peculiar fashion at home also with a more hygienic way of life.
Always follow your passion. Don’t go for something because it is trendy or because of peer pressure. Remember a useful chunk of our time in this life will be spent working and if we don’t enjoy what we do then we are heading for a torturous life for ourselves.
If in dilemma while taking decision regarding choice of career try talking to people who are already into that career. It may help you.
Some students learn a foreign language for the love of the language, some learn for fun and frolic and some learn for career purpose.
Learning a foreign language can take you places careerwise. Today everything, every field is getting globalised and the world is shrinking.
Lot of multinational companies, have their clients everywhere in the world, while dealing with such clients it gives a competitive edge to the company and finally to the employees if local language of the client with whom they are dealing with is known. For example, if your company has clients in Japan it is very helpful if you know Japanese language because if you go to Japan and you don’t know Japanese it becomes very difficult to communicate with people over there. Similarly, if you are going to Singapore knowledge of Chinese along with English helps.
Moreover, you can look forward to work as teachers , interpreters ,translators or work in diplomatic services or in public relations area . Learning foreign language can also help you find jobs in tourism, airlines and hospitality sectors.
Spanish, French and German have always been high on learning demand. But, now the institutes are teaching several other languages such as Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Finnish , Russian and many more.
While learning a foreign language right coaching and training along with individual calibre matters.
General view is that it is better to opt for a long term courses rather than vacation courses as you can learn more in longer duration courses.
Some of the Institutes teaching foreign languages:
• University of Mumbai and Delhi
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan , Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages, New Delhi
• Indo – Italian Chamber of Commerce, Mumbai
• Japanese Information and Cultural Centre, New Delhi
• Indo-Japan Chamber Of Commerce and Industry, Chennai
• Alliance Francaise ,located in several cities of India
• Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Chennai
• Cultural Centre of Russia, Mumbai
• Acdemia Espanol, Mumbai
• Instituto Hispania, Mumbai
• Study Centre of Foreign Languages, Mumbai
• Pune University,Pune
• Rama Krishna Mission, Kolkata
• Institute of Foreign Language and Culture ,Basavangudi ,Bangalore
• Japanese Language School , Benson Town, Bangalore
• Bangalore University Foreign Languages Department
• School of Foreign Languages (SOFL),IGNOU.
• School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
• Rajasthan University ,Jaipur
• Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad
• Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Most of the Universities provide courses in foreign languages checkout.