Note: Most of the recipes will be based on Indian Cuisine
HEALTH RECIPE 1:
To prepare healthy multigrain flour mix
• 5 parts of wheat flour
• 1 part of gram flour/besan
• 1 part of ragi flour
• 1 part of jowar/bajra flour
• Taste of the multigrain flour will be different from normal wheat flour and it may take some time to adjust to the new taste.
HEALTH RECIPE 2:
Semolina(Sooji) Layered Chapatti:
• Semolina(sooji) – 1 cup
• Fresh cream – ¼ cup
• Fresh coriander leaves
• Cumin – 1 tsp.
• Salt – to taste
• Milk – ¼ cup
• Cooked Chapattis (2)
1. Heat 1 tbsp. of ghee and put cumin seeds in it till they crackle.
2. Add semolina (sooji) and dry roast till golden. Turn off the heat.
3. Add salt, chopped onion, fresh coriander leaves.
4. Add fresh cream to the mixture and milk enough to prepare a little loose dough. Leave the mixture for sometime so that the mixture becomes tight after semolina soaks the milk.
5. Cook two chapattis with normal wheat flour or multigrain flour.
6. Grease the non stick pan with oil. Place a half of semolina mixture prepared on it.
7. Place the cooked chapatti on the semolina mixture so placed and press it so that the semolina mixture sticks to it. Let it cook on low flame with the semolina in contact with the pan till the semolina(sooji) becomes crispy.
8. Take it off and serve hot with fresh mint chutney.
Alteration: Instead of chapati you can use whole wheat bread.
For mint chutney:
• A bunch of fresh mint leaves
• Ginger (a small piece)
• Garlic cloves(4-5)
• Onion (2 small)
• Green chilli (1 small) [Optional]
• Lemon (2 in numbers )
• Rock Salt (according to taste)
Put all the above ingredients in a grinder and grind them well.
Make use of seasoned cast iron utensils for the purpose of cooking . Seasoned cast iron cookware serve the same purpose as non stick cookware . While cooking in cast iron utensils dietary iron from the vessels gets dissolved in our food and is good for our health. Good quality/branded cast iron utensils do not contain unhealthy chemicals.
HEALTH RECIPE 3:
Roasted Vegetables Pan:
• 4 Cabbage/lettuce leaves
• 2 Carrots (long cut pieces)
• 2 Potatoes (Halved)
• 2 Tomatoes (Cut into two halves)
• 2 Onions (Halved)
• Tomato sauce
• Black pepper
• Salt to taste(Optional)
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan preferably cast iron and grease it.
2. Put lettuce leaves at the bottom and on it put all the cut vegetables. Cover the vegetables with lettuce leaves and put a layer of cheese on the top.
3. Cover the pan with the lid.
4. Let the vegetable roast at low flame till they are cooked.
5. Remove the vegetables from heat and transfer to the serving bowl carefully.
6. Sprinkle black pepper and tomato sauce on the top and serve hot.
Cooking on low flame/heat maintains the nutrients of the ingredients and makes food more tasty.
HEALTH RECIPE 4:
Banana – 1
Milk – 200ml (3/4 of a glass)
Broken wheat – 2 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon powder – A pinch
1. Soak broken wheat for 10 minutes in water just enough to cover it.
2. Put the broken wheat in the milk and let it cook.
3. Cool the milk and put it along with all the ingredients in the mixer and switch on the mixer till all the ingredients mix well.
4. Can put 1-2 ice cubes if desired and serve.
Take hot lemon drink first thing in the morning.It helps to build immunity against common ailments like cold and keeps the stomach clean.
One glass of water
1-2 basil leaves
1 tbsp. Honey/sugar
Put basil leaves in water and boil the water. Cool the water till it is warm then add honey and lemon juice to the glass of water.
HEALTH RECIPE 5:
Multigrain Flour – One and a half cup
Chopped Vegetables(Carrot,Capsicum,Boiled Corn,Beans) – 1 cup
Tomato sauce / chutney – 2-3 tablespoons
Mozzarella Cheese – Grated Half Cup
1. Take the multigrain flour and prepare dough for chapatti. Make two round balls and roll and cook two chapattis with one side not fully cooked.
2. Put the tomato sauce/chutney as the base on the fully cooked side and put vegetables on it. Grate some cheese and put it on the top.
3. Put the chapatti in microwave or oven and let it cook for some time till the cheese on the top melts and chapatti become crisp.
4. Take the chapatti out and serve it hot after sprinkling some salt,black pepper(coarsely ground) and pudina power/orengano seasoning on it.
HEALTH RECIPE 6:
Fruit Salad with Hung Curd
Curd : 1 Kg
A bowl of chopped fruits of your choice (Apples, Pears, Bananas , Pomegranate)
Sweetening Agent : Sugar or Honey (as per your choice)
Flavor : A few drops of your choice
1. Hang curd in muslin cloth for about 1 hour till the water is drained out.
2. Add powdered sugar/Honey with flavor of your choice to it.
3. Add all the chopped fruits .
4. Serve chilled or at room temperature
HEALTH RECIPE 7:
Ice Cream (Vanilla Flavor) – 250 gms
Fresh Cream – 100 grams
Fruits : Finely chopped (Strawberry, Apple, Banana) – One bowl
Strawberry Syrup – 100 ml
Strawberry Jelly – Half packet
Serves – 2 people
1. Follow the instructions on the Jelly packet and prepare Jelly at home. It takes one hour for jelly to set.Jelly packets
2. In a big glass put one layer of Jelly
3. On top this layer put a layer of fruit
4. Put the third layer of fresh cream
5. Put the next layer of fruit
6. Put the next layer of Strawberry Syrup
7. Put the next layer of Fruit
8. Put next layer of ice cream
9. On the top put strawberry syrup and decorate with tutti frutti
HEALTH RECIPE 8:
Health Drink : Jaggery Lemon Drink
Jaggery Powder : 2 tbsp
Lemon : One small lemon
Serves – 1 person
1. Take one glass of water and add jaggery to it.
2. Keep it for cooling for sometime .
3. Squeeze lemon and drink.
Enjoy Chilled Jaggery Lemon Drink !!!
HEALTH RECIPE 9:
Health Drink : Jaggery Gooseberry Drink
Jaggery Powder : 2 tbsp
Gooseberry : 1
Serves – 1 person
1. Take a glass of water and add jaggery to it.
2. Cut the gooseberry into small pieces and add to the above glass.
3. Keep the glass in fridge for few hours .
Enjoy chilled Jaggery Gooseberry drink !!!
HEALTH RECIPE 10:
Healthy Sprouts Chat:
• Full green gram (Moong Dal) Sprouts [100 grams]
• Black chick peas ( Black Chana Sprouts [100 grams]
• White chickpeas [100 grams]
• Pani puri packet (1)
Preparation of sprouts
1. Soak the green gram (moong dal) for 4-5 hours and black chana for 8 hours.
2. Drain all the water.
3. Put the green gram and black chick peas in a muslin cloth and hang overnight. Alternatively put the green gram and black chickpeas in a strainer used for soups , cover it with a cloth and leave it overnight.
4. Sprouts will come out in the morning.
Preparation of chat:
1. Steam the sprouts. [Note: Steam the sprouts and do not boil them.]
2. Soak the white chickpeas overnight and boil them.
3. Pani puri filling: Put the sprouts and white chickpeas in a bowl. Add salt, chilli flakes ( 1 tsp) , garam masala (1 tsp) .
4. Take 250 grams of curd and 4 tsp sugar to it.
5. Mix jal jeera water . Add jal jeera powder to taste.
Serving the chat :
1. Put the pani puri filling in the hollow puri so that it sills 3/4th of the puri.
2. Add sweet curd to it.
3. Put jal jeera water to it.
ENJOY THE HEALTHY PANI PURI !!
HEALTH RECIPE 11:
Gram Flour Pancake (Besan Chilla):
1. Gram flour – 1 cup
2. Finely chopped green chilli – 1
3. Coriander leaves
4. Roasted Cumin seeds ( Jeera) – 1 tsp
5. Egg – 1 [ Optional]
6. Finely chopped capsicum – 1 tsp
7. Finely chopped Onion – 1 tsp
1. Take besan flour
2. Add water to make a flowing consistency like a dosa batter.
3. Add all the ingredients.
4. Heat the thick bottomed cast iron tawa or non-stick tawa.
5. Use brush to oil the tawa.
6. Take a scoop of the batter and spread it on the tawa.
7. Cook on low flame till you can see the top of the batter dried up.
Serve the pancake with tomato sauce.
• Use the brush available in the market for oiling food.
• Use heavy bottomed cast iron tawa for cooking. It acts as a non-stick tawa once it is heated properly and cooking is done on low flame.