Some students learn a foreign language for the love of the language, some learn for fun and frolic and some learn for career purpose.
Learning a foreign language can take you places careerwise. Today everything, every field is getting globalised and the world is shrinking.
Lot of multinational companies, have their clients everywhere in the world, while dealing with such clients it gives a competitive edge to the company and finally to the employees if local language of the client with whom they are dealing with is known. For example, if your company has clients in Japan it is very helpful if you know Japanese language because if you go to Japan and you don’t know Japanese it becomes very difficult to communicate with people over there. Similarly, if you are going to Singapore knowledge of Chinese along with English helps.
Moreover, you can look forward to work as teachers , interpreters ,translators or work in diplomatic services or in public relations area . Learning foreign language can also help you find jobs in tourism, airlines and hospitality sectors.
Spanish, French and German have always been high on learning demand. But, now the institutes are teaching several other languages such as Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Finnish , Russian and many more.
While learning a foreign language right coaching and training along with individual calibre matters.
General view is that it is better to opt for a long term courses rather than vacation courses as you can learn more in longer duration courses.
Some of the Institutes teaching foreign languages:
• University of Mumbai and Delhi
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan , Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages, New Delhi
• Indo – Italian Chamber of Commerce, Mumbai
• Japanese Information and Cultural Centre, New Delhi
• Indo-Japan Chamber Of Commerce and Industry, Chennai
• Alliance Francaise ,located in several cities of India
• Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Chennai
• Cultural Centre of Russia, Mumbai
• Acdemia Espanol, Mumbai
• Instituto Hispania, Mumbai
• Study Centre of Foreign Languages, Mumbai
• Pune University,Pune
• Rama Krishna Mission, Kolkata
• Institute of Foreign Language and Culture ,Basavangudi ,Bangalore
• Japanese Language School , Benson Town, Bangalore
• Bangalore University Foreign Languages Department
• School of Foreign Languages (SOFL),IGNOU.
• School of Languages, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
• Rajasthan University ,Jaipur
• Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad
• Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Most of the Universities provide courses in foreign languages checkout.