Facts about Indian Constitution
• Constitution of India has vignettes from Mohenjodaro and Vedic periods.
• Original constitution is handwritten. Handmade parchment paper was used to write the constitution.
• The original hand-crafted constitution is the work of Acharya Nandalal Bose and his student from Kala Bhawan in Shantinikentan.
• The “Preamble” page in the constitution was done by Beohar Rammanohar Sinha and it bears his signature, Ram, in the Devnagari script
• Calligraphy in the constitution is done by Prem Behari Narain Raizada
• Since 1951, we have amended the Constitution 100 times
• It is the longest constitution with 448 articles and 12 schedules
• On 29 August, 1947, a committee for drafting the constitution was established and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was appointed as the Chairman of the committee.
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
What has happened in Uttarakhand in India, is Nature’s way of telling us that She deserves attention.
Nature is crying for the DUE LEGITIMATE ATTENTION.
We need to understand that when we take so much from Nature, we should learn to give her back. With rights come responsibilities. One way traffic doesn’t workout well. It creates imbalance. This imbalance is projected in many ways.
Nature has her own way of telling us and reminding us of this imbalance. Time and again nature has warned us through tsunamis, cyclones, floods etc.
She has been pleading us, first through softer and then through harder ways –
PLEASE,DON’T DISTURB ME
PLEASE, DON’T DISTURB ME
Her constant pleads are falling on deaf ears. We are not listening to what Nature has to say.
What happens when one is deprived of one’s due rights?
First dissatisfaction is created. Then, come the silent protests. When the silent protests go unnoticed, then come the violent protests.
So, what are we all waiting for ???
Do we want more violent protests from Nature to listen to what She has to say?
Let us all carry out our part of responsibility towards Nature. Let us begin giving back to Nature her share. Don’t see if somebody else is doing or not. Don’t wait for somebody else to start. Start it with yourself .Concentrate on what you should be doing and not what others should be doing. Too much of talk is there and little of action. Let us reverse this pattern with more of action and less of talking.
MAKE A CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO GIVE BACK TO NATURE HER DUE AND LEGITIMATE SHARE.